The ModSDKM16C is a modular development kit composed of the generic main board ModSDKM16C-Base and a specific CPU module for Renesas R8C, M16C6N and M32C8x microcontroller series. The main board offers a complete set of peripherals and interfaces to evaluate a typical application without the requirement to create user specific hardware.
- ModSDKM16C-Base development board with E8 emulator
- CPU module
- IAR Embedded Workbench, KickStart edition
ModSDKM16C Development board
The ModSDKM16C-Base Hardware features are:
- 3x Serial interface (2x with MAX232, 1xTTL)
- USB to serial interface
- CAN with transceiver
- 8 User LEDs
- 16 x 2 characters LCD module with LED backlight
- LDR and potentiometer connected to A/D-channel
- Encoder switch with push-button
- MMC/SD card interface
- FRAM (over I2C)
- SRAM 128kx8 (optional)
- Reset, NMI, Boot mode push-button
- 3 user push-button (Int0, Int1, Int2)
- E8 Debug-connector
- FoUSB-connector for Flashtool e.g. Flasher 5 from Segger
- Power input: +5V regulated / 7,5-12V unregulated / USB
- Supply voltage (Vcc) = 3,4V or 5V selectable
- Debugging via USB, RS232 or E8 emulator
- RoHS compliant
The ModSDKM16C-BASE is available in two configurations:
- ModSDKM16C-BASE supports debugging via ROM-monitor software
- ModSDKM16C-BASE-DBG supports both hardware debugging and ROM-monitor debugging. An E8-USB debugger is included in this kit. For the R8C series the E8-USB debugger is required for debugging.
The CPU modules are available for many devices and can be plugged into the ModSDKM16C-Base. All pins of the microcontroller are available on connectors. CPU modules are available for:
A set of examples available in source code for: UART, I2C, LCD, In-application flash programming, ADC (LDR with Potentiometer), incremental encoder and many application notes. The examples can be downloaded into the on-chip Flash using the included Flashstart software.
IAR Embedded Workbench
IAR Embedded Workbench is an Integrated Development Environment with a complete and easy-to-use set of C/C++ cross compiler and debugger tools for professional embedded applications.
- KickStart edition of the IAR C/C++ Compiler for M16C/R8C or M32C
- Project manager
- Linker and librarian tools
- C-SPY debugger
Complete upgrade path available from IAR Systems.